Data is incredibly important in business, and Microsoft Excel can be a powerful tool in your business analytics toolbox for data mining analysis. This article will explain what data mining is, how it can benefit your business, and how Excel can be the tool of choice for bringing the benefits of data mining to your business.
What is data mining?
Data mining is a new technical field just in its infancy and already showing enormous progress. Put simply, it is knowledge discovery: the process of sifting through data to discover linkages and trends. In today’s information age, data about nearly anything imaginable is more accessible than ever, and data mining takes advantage of that fact and of powerful computing technology to make your data work for you. Because of the volume of information involved, data mining relies on computers to do most of the initial work and to highlight trends that an analyst might not otherwise have noticed.
How can data mining help your business?
Data mining can tell a business analyst things the analyst didn’t even realize they were looking for, in effect addressing the “unknown unknowns” and providing fresh insights to drive business decisions. Data mining has many possible applications for businesses, including:
- Revealing trends in customer behaviour and loyalty
- Creating direct marketing campaigns with the highest likely rate of response
- Simplifying market basket analysis
- Predicting what types of interactive marketing would best appeal to each customer
- Fraud detection
How to use Excel for data mining?
Excel is … Read More . . .
Job websites (or job boards) play the role of a recruiter, bringing together employers looking for workers with individuals in search of employment. There’re numerous advantages of using job boards to look for employment. They include:
- Automated job notifications. Once you’ve signed up to a job website, you can opt to receive email notifications wheneverjobs that match your search criteria are added to the site. This way you can continue living your life instead of spending hours each day sifting through all the newly added job ads.
- Employers will come to you.Job websites allow you to uploadyour resume so that prospective employers in search of a particular skillset can find your information and send you an invite to apply for the job. This is as easy as it gets when it comes to looking for employment. Just ensure that your resume contains information that will attract employers.
- Many job listings. Signing up to several job websites ensures that you see more job listings which increases your chances of finding your dream job. All the notifications from the various job boards will come to your email address which means you don’t have to constantly search through the sites.
- Refined search capabilities.Job websites feature advanced search capabilities meant to help you find only the jobs that you have aninterest You can sort job listings by education, pay, experience, location, keywords and more.
- Tips to help you improve your resume. It can be quite intimidating to write a resume. Most job
… Read More . . .
No matter what the type of job the consensus is always the same. Take care of your employees and they will take care of you. Some businesses treat their employees like they are replaceable and worthless and don’t hesitate to let them go for small unimportant reasons. They feel like there are plenty of people out in the world looking for a job so it’s not worth it to try and hold onto people. This is faulty logic though. Constantly having to hire new employees is costly not to mention what it does to morale. A company is much better off taking care of it’s employees and holding onto them. Even if the job they have isn’t the most glamorous job in the world there are things that employers can do to help employees feel valued and important.
Good communication is probably the best way to keep employees happy and working hard. When people know what is expected of them they are more likely to perform well. They will be happier and have more determination to do a good job. Good communication eliminates the problems of misunderstandings and helps morale stay positive and upbeat. If this is a struggle for you it may be a good idea to take some time to read books like How To Win Friends and Influence People by Dale Carnegie. This book will help you learn how to connect with people and keep them wanting to work for you. You can find a great deal … Read More . . .